- Bachelor in Industrial Design - Faculdade da Cidade
- Executive Program - Singularity University
Gabriel Klabin has solid experience in robotics and aircraft, and, in 2007, he founded Santos Lab, a company that provides innovative aerial solutions for Agriculture, Defense and Security and Civil Construction. Project coordinator for aircraft such as the Carcará I, Carcará II and Orbis, he collaborated with the Brazilian Navy and Army, as well as with European companies in the development of a foreign version of the Carcará II. Currently, he has entered into a partnership with Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., in a project that will introduce large-scale precision agriculture in Brazilian territory.
- PhD in Public Administration from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Master in Public Administration and Public Policy also London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Major in Economic Sciences from the Federal University of Minas Gerais - UFMG
Francisco Gaetani was executive secretary of the Ministry of the Environment and dedicated to Public Administration, where he held positions such as: Deputy Executive Secretary of the Ministry of Planning, Budget and Management (Ministério do Planejamento, Orçamento e Gestão - MPOG), Secretary of Management of the Secretariat of Management - MPOG, Director of Professional Training from the National School of Public Administration (Escola Nacional de Administração Pública - ENAP), Director of the Government School of Minas Gerais/João Pinheiro Foundation, Academic Planning Advisor at UFMG, Project Manager at the João Pinheiro Foundation, among others. He was executive secretary of the Ministry of Planning, Budget and Management of President Dilma's government and, since 2016, he has taken office as president of the National School of Public Administration - ENAP. He is a Specialist in Public Policies and Government Management (Especialista em Políticas Públicas e Gestão Governamental - EPPGG).Izabella Teixeira
- PhD in Environmental Planning, Environmental Policies, Energy and Climate Change - COPPE (Instituto Alberto Luiz Coimbra de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa de Engenharia) - UFRJ
- Master in Energy Planning - COPPE - UFRJ
Izabella Teixeira was Co-chair of the UN ENVIRONMENT International Panel on Natural Resources and Minister of the Environment (2010-2016). She is Counselor Emeritus of the Brazilian Center of International Relations (Centro Brasileiro de Relações Internacionais - CEBRI). She was Minister of the Environment (2010-2016). She is also Co-Chair of the UN Environment International Panel on Natural Resources (IRP/UNEP) and a member of the UN-DESA High Level Advisory Board. She played a key role in negotiating the Paris Agreement and was appointed in 2012 to work on the High-Level Panel of Eminent Persons for the Post-2015 Development Agenda. In 2013, she won the UN Environment Global "Champions of the Earth" Award for her contribution to reducing deforestation in the Amazon.
- Professor of Ecology at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
- Ph.D. in Ecology from the University of St. Andrews, Scotland
- Major in Forest Engineering from the University of Brasília
Fabio Scarano has been a member of the Linnean Society of London since 1995. He was a Visiting Professor at the Technological University of Darmstadt, Germany (2002) and at the University of Minnesota, USA (2003). He was Coordinator of the Area of Ecology and Environment at CAPES / MEC and Director of Scientific Research at the Jardim Botânico do Rio de Janeiro. He was the leading author of the first report of the Brazilian Panel on Climate Change (Painel Brasileiro de Mudanças Climáticas -PBMC; 2011-2014), of the fifth assessment report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2011-2014) and Coordinator of the Intergovernmental Panel on Biodiversity and Services Environmental (IPBES, 2015-2018). He was General Coordinator of the Brazilian Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (BPBES; 2015-2019), Senior Vice Chair of Conservation International and Scientific Director of FBDS. Author of several scientific publications on biodiversity, climate change and sustainability, he received two Jabuti Literature Awards, in the Natural Sciences category, with the books "Biomas Brasileiros: Retratos de um País Plural" e "Mata Atlântica: Uma História do Futuro". His latest book is "Regenerantes de Gaia" (2019).Roberto Schaeffer
- Full Professor of Energy Economics with around 140 supervised master's/doctoral theses
- PhD in Energy Policy from the University of Pennsylvania (UPENN) and Researcher 1A at CNPq
- Post doctor at UPENN and Visiting Professor and Lecturer Professor at the same institution (Center for Energy and the Environment and The Joseph H. Lauder Institute for Management and International Studies, at the School of Arts and Sciences and at the Wharton School, respectively, in 1991 -92)
Roberto Schaeffer was member of the Science Advisory Committee (SAC) of the IIASA in 2014-20, and has been member of the Science Advisory Council (SAC) of the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), Sweden, since 2014. He has been a member of the Scientific Steering Committee (SSC) of the Integrated Assessment Modeling Consortium (IAMC) since 2015. He has been member of the Panel of Experts of the project "Energy Transition Commission and Fossil Fuels", from SEI, and member of the Advisory Board for the Routledge Series in Energy Transitions since 2016. He has been a Specialist of the "EU High-Level Panel on Decarbonization" since February 2018. He has more than 250 scientific publications, including journals such as Nature, Nature Climate Change, Nature Energy and Science. He was elected "Full Member of the Brazilian Academy of Letters", and awarded the "IAMC Award for extraordinary contribution to the field of IAM", both in 2020. Since 2021, he has been a member of the "Vulnerability, Impacts, Adaptation and Climate Services (VIACS) Advisory Board for the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project Phase 6 (CMIP6)".Russel Mittermeier
- Ph.D. Biological Anthropology, Harvard University
- M.A. Biological Anthropology, Harvard University
- B.A., Dartmouth College (Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
Russel Alan Mittermeier is an anthropologist and a primatologist. He is chair of Global Wildlife Conservation and chair of the Primate Specialist Group of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). In his research and environmental defense activity, he has traveled to 169 countries in seven continents and carried out work in 30 of them, particularly in the Amazon (Brazil and Suriname), in the Brazilian Atlantic Forest and in Madagascar. He has written 35 books on science and on scientific dissemination and he is the author of over 650 popular and scientific articles. He was chosen by Time magazine (1999) as a "hero of the planet".